Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raw Eating My Way

TDL Blog:  Uniquely and Authentically You

I read the above and it inspired me to write this.

the funny thing is that lately i have been trying, once again, to 'fit in'. i thought those days were over once i passed high school. yet here i am again. in searching for what is prompting me to act this way, i found that i am comfortable with the people around me and i dont want to rock the boat in fear of being alienated again, the way i was in the past by other people. but, it's causing me to suffer because i'm not being true to myself.


this time, it's around food. i am gravitating towards becoming a raw foodist, but my roomie and my boyfriend dont seem excited. so i hide. and i conform. i eat what they want to eat, and the guilt sets in, and the energy drops. i value their companionship, but i value my self more. so, this inspires me to buckle up, and stand for what i believe in. i dont have to compromise my principles. it's hard to lead by example, but hey, someone has to.
 
here's to being me, without shame.
 
what a great day to have a breakthrough! thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment