Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My A-ha! Moment Today

I have spent my morning gathering documents for a project that I thought was finished. What happened, you ask? More support was needed. The task was tedious to begin with. I could have grunted the whole way through my hundreds of copies of the reporting assignment. It is, after all, my least favorite part of my job. However, I decided to stay light about the whole situation.

As I removed staples, copied and re-stapled, I took on an attitude of diligent dutifulness and gratefulness, and felt immediately at ease. Instead of allowing the complainer to take center stage, I allowed the smile to embrace my whole being. At that time, I was gently reminded that we all have a reason for being here, and that we all had things to do. 

Maybe that wasn't at all what I had in mind for my day, but what a great reminder of the difference the right mindset can make even in the most mundane case. It feels great to embrace the moment and look for the positive possibilities.


Feeling fortunate for the small things today, and making it a point to extend this simple consciousness to all areas of my life daily. My "A-Ha" moment!

Life is so good! Don't you agree? :)

+Erika

________________________________________________________
Erika Matos is a transformational agent, a certified health and nutrition educator, intuitive healer, and life coach helping people shift in the right direction by critically rethinking everything assumed to be true about what it means to be a happy, healthy, prosperous being. To learn more about her work visit http://www.realitymanifest.com

2 comments:

  1. We all have those A'ha moments in our lives. It is often when we rush because we are anxious to see the "final product." Those start over events can allow that product or project to look even better or have a better outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your revelation is filled with wise insight and lovingkindness.

    People would ask me when I worked in customer service, how can you remain so calm when people are yelling, screaming and cursing you?

    I would smile and say "I embodied the lesson learned by Dr Wayne Dyer - Nothing has any meaning except the meaning that you give to it- and then I would ask them What's YOUR realty?"

    Most of the time, they would laugh and say "You're weird" and I would laugh and reply "Weird is good!" Thank you Erika for this affirmative reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete