Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why I love Dr. Wayne Dyer

I was lost. Hopelessly traveling down a path that lead nowhere. And one day, I had enough. I wanted to find something to "fix" me and my internal turmoil. I dared to navigate to the self-help section of the bookstore and wanted to wear sunglasses and a wig so people wouldn't recognize me. See, being there meant admitting that something was wrong with my seemingly perfect life, which was exactly what I wanted the world to believe. It was a fat lie.

So there I was navigating through countless books, and then I saw one that caught my eye: The Power of Intention. I browsed a few pages. It spoke to me so loudly, I had to go home with it. I read it like a hungry child being finally fed nourishing food. It was good for my soul. I was hooked! Dr. Dyer worked his magic on me, and I have been inspired to make positive changes ever since.


"Remind yourself that the greatest technique for bringing peace into your life is to always choose being kind when you have a choice between being right or being kind. This is the single most effective method I know for having a sense of peace. And you have that choice in all your interactions." - Dr. Dyer

Now I live to be kind. Yes, sometimes I feel like being right, but by being kind I know I am allowing myself to be the best I can be.

Share your kindness and internal peace,
+Erika

_______________________________________________________



Erika Matos is a transformational agent, a certified health and nutrition educator, intuitive healer, and life coach helping people shift in the right direction by critically rethinking everything assumed to be true about what it means to be a happy, healthy, prosperous being. To learn more about her work visit http://www.realitymanifest.com


2 comments:

  1. Dr. Wayne Dyer is such a radiant human being. My friends will tell you that I wear them out with 3 of my favorite quotes: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change", "If you look for reasons to be offended, you'll find them at every turn" and "Nothing has any meaning except the meaning that you give to it".

    The lesson to that I learned in The Power of Intention is that each of us is born with pure, positive Intention. I believe that when Dr. Dyer asks that we let go of our ego’s domination and surrender to the life force, which I personally believe in the spirit of God, that guides all intentions, we are on that path toward amazing transformation. In every moment of our lives we are given the choice to remain connected to that Intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent and I personally love Wayne Dyer. I choose to stay connected and perform small acts of kindness on a daily basis. I look forward to meeting this brilliant man face to face.

    Lucinda Cross
    www.lucindacross.com

    ReplyDelete