Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Power of Video

Ok. In case you didn't know, video sites are a great way of connecting with people. You get to share your knowledge, show off your personality, and gain credibility.

It allows you to interact with an audience like no other media. It helps you attract and engage potential clients looking for more information about your business. It's you, talking about what you love, 24/7. Available anytime for anyone's viewing pleasure.




Here are some tips on how to create an awesome video:
  • Be authentic:  Everyone wants to see your little light shining bright
  • Give Value:  Choose interesting topics that you are really knowledgeable of  
  • Keep it short:  Under 5minutes. 3minutes ideally 
  • Make it look great:  Wear makeup, no stripes or white, use HD, and, if you can afford it, hire a pro 
  • Optimize your video for search:  Use Tags 
  • Put your URL first in the description section. That way it's visible to anyone and you'll get more clicks.
  • Share, Share, Share: On your website, your blogs, Facebook and everywhere you can insert a video!
  • Camera Shy? You can still create informative videos with powerpoints/slide presentations.
  • Get comfortable using an online video editor. There are some nice ones that are free.
I'm working on my video branding right now, so look for the Reality Manifest Youtube Channel - my first video is coming soon! Super Excited!

What are you waiting for? Go. ACTION!

+Erika

_______________________________________________________
Erika Matos is a transformational agent, a certified health and nutrition educator, intuitive healer, and life coach helping people shift in the right direction by critically rethinking everything assumed to be true about what it means to be a happy, healthy, prosperous being. To learn more about her work visit http://www.realitymanifest.com/

5 comments:

  1. Ultimately, the points that you have given are more than valuable to any person who will begin their video branding. So often their are video's out there with a lack of substance, but for those entrepreneurs who do have substance it is very eye catching, informative and give you a "cliff hanger" to await for more.

    And, yes, it is exciting about you working on your video branding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the first episode of Reality Manifest. Thanks for sharing the tips. For those not familiar with creating videos your checklist will come in very handy. All too often we see entrepreneurs that rush to do whatever is "hot" at the moment and put no thought to a strategy that is effective. The viewers end up either not watching the entire video or when they do watch, they leave not having gain any real value for the time spent viewing. My personal favorites are the very first three tips (Be authentic, Give Value, and Keep it Short).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice and so encouraging to just "get it done"! I've done a number of videos and like anything else, you have to be willing to stink if you want to get better. I'm planning to keep those early ones around for laughs and do "remakes" as I improve! It worked for Superman and Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not very cute that I preach this to my clients and I've been procrastinating about adding video to my marketing mix. You've lit a fire under my butt to stop being such a perfectionist in this area. Thank you for these timely tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. e3women, I really love the candidness of your comment. Made me giggle. On my end, I *imagine* doing a video - I have all the equipment - but boy do I stop short of action. I say it's choosing the topic or focus that has me stumped, but maybe it's something else.

    Erika, thanks for the poke and the short list.

    ReplyDelete