Monday, June 20, 2011

Pilates Training!

In four days I begin my Pilates instructor certification! Thrilled and scared at the same time. While I had years of classical dance training in the past, I have never taught movement. It's new territory, but I'm excited to finally do it. I had been considering it for about a year now, and the moment has now arrived.

Here's why I love this so much:
Pilates' Six principles are: concentration, control, center, flow/efficiency of movement, precision and breathing.

It's a very simple method that really strengthens your core, increases flexibility and gives you really good sense of control of your body, instead of just being at its mercy! One can gain coordination in the legs, abdominals, arms and back, in addition to strength and endurance. Each time you exercise, you have to concentrate on what you´re doing and focus your entire body on the correct movements in order to reap all the awesome benefits. Much like yoga, the most important thing is to breathe. The discipline learned can definitely be applied to all other areas of life.

Pilates has been very helpful for me. I suffered a few lower back injuries, and this was the best therapy I received. My goal is to be as prepared to serve my clients as possible, as well as keep myself balanced and focused. To keep growing and learning...


Our bodies are the temples that will support us through our entire journey.  Let's shower them with love, proper care and maintenance.

+Erika

_______________________________________________________
Erika Matos is a transformational agent, a certified health and nutrition educator, intuitive healer, and life coach helping people shift in the right direction by critically rethinking everything assumed to be true about what it means to be a happy, healthy, prosperous being. To learn more about her work visit http://www.realitymanifest.com

3 comments:

  1. I wore out my pilates tape (notice that I said tape), so I decided to find another comprable CD to use and there was no other. Yoga and pilates are wonderful. They are great for calming the soul and connecting with the inner you! I applaud you for going for your certification. I am now walking which is very good, but the control of pilates there is no other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just completed my first week of Pilates. It has been a joyful experience and I share your passion and enthusiasm for it's mental, physical and emotional benefits.

    You've inspired me to write a blog post on the alignment between entrepreneurship and the six principles of pilates (concentration, control, center, flow/efficiency of movement, apprecision and breathing). Thank you for a refreshing perspective! Much success in your new Pilates endeavor ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I regular doing pilates.It's helpful to maintain to my body.It's given more benefits to me.
    ----
    pilates teacher training

    ReplyDelete